Cauliflower is such a lovely vegetable that as many micro and macronutrients. It is mainly good for weight loss as it is rich in fiber content and high in antioxidants. Usually, many people don’t like any dishes of cauliflower as it as a bland taste and smell.
Gobi parata is an Indian delicacy which is prepared by stuffed cauliflower in flat bread. Gobi parata is prepared for breakfast or lunch and usually served with pickle or curd.
Today I will share a healthy recipe which is yummy and tasty as well. Gobi paratha is prepared by grating the cauliflower and mixing with the right amount of spices and then stuffing it in parata. In this method, you tend to get the smell of the cauliflower which is not liked by many people.
I am sharing a new version where, we won’t even get the smell and tastes very yummy, spicy and tangy. I have shared step by step procedure of making the gobi parata.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Stuffing :
- Cauliflower: 1 full (chopped in floerts )
- Onion: 1 small finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon.
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala: 1 teaspoon.
- Besan( gram flour) : 2 table spoon.
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon.
- Oil: 1 tablespoon.
Ingredients for Dough.
- Wheat flour : 1 bowl.
- Oil : 1 tea spoon.
- Water : 1 glass.
Preparation for Dough.
- Take a bowl, add the wheat flour, salt, and pour water slowly. Knead the dough till it becomes smooth.
- Grease some oil on the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
Step by Step preparation of Stuffing.
- Cut the cauliflower according to the floert and wash them thoroughly in running water.
- Pressure cook the cauliflower florets for one whistle or just boil them in water for ten minutes. This step is essential to clean the cauliflower from unwanted dirt.
- Drain all the water and keep the boiled cauliflower aside.
- Take a fresh pan add a teaspoon of oil. To this heated oil add cumin seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and finely chopped onions.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly till onion becomes soft. To this mixture add the boiled cauliflower, salt and lemon juice. Smash the cauliflower till it gets blended with the onion mixture.
- When the cauliflower mixture shrinks try adding besan (gram flour) batch by batch. Besan acts as a binding agent and makes the stuffing shape to fill in the dough.
- This is how the mixture looks after adding all the spices.
- After the stuffing cools down, make lemon sized balls and keep them aside as shown in the below picture.
- Now take the wheat flour dough and make lemon sized balls in equal part.
- Stuff the cauliflower mixture in the wheat dough. With the help of the rolling pin try to make it flat and round in shape.
- Heat the flat tawa on the high flame and cook the paratha on both sides by adding 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
- Serve the hot parata with curd or pickle.
Poori is one the most common, yummy and tasty Indian food. Especially served for breakfast and lunch. Poori is eaten with bhaji , potato curry, chole or even with the sweet dish’s.Today I will share one more side dish which can be eaten with poori, that’s called poori chutney which is prepared from roasted split gram powder ( Split Channa ).
It’s a Maharashtra cuisine which tastes spicy, tangy and sweet in flavor. It can be served for roti’s too, but it mainly taste better with poori’s. This chutney can be prepared instantly if the roasted gram powder is ready. Poori is usually judged as oily and unhealthy for eating, but today I will share a recipe which makes it healthy and less oily.
Ingredients For Poori:
- Wheat Flour : One cup.
- Salt : A pinch.
- Water as required.
- Take a bowl, add the wheat flour and salt. Pour water slowly by batch wise to make a stiff and hard dough. By doing this poori will become soft and fluffy.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes till it becomes smooth.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Take a deep thick bottom pan for frying. Pour oil in the pan as required for frying the poori.
- Heat the oil on the medium flame till the oil gets heated.
- Make equal small sized dough balls for making poori.
- With a help of a rolling pin try to make them in a circle shape. Try to keep poori bit thick so while you fry they become soft and fluffy.
Click More : How to make perfect Poori.
Ingredients for Rasa Bhaji
- Sprouts : 1 bowl
- Potato : 1 (Cube Shaped)
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tea spoon.
- Tomato : 2 medium sized (puree)
- Onion : 1 sliced.
- Garam Masala : 1 table spoon.
- Red chilli powder : 1/2 table spoon.
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds : 1 tea spoon.
- Chopped Corainder.
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil: 1 table spoon.
- First soak the green grams overnight and allow them to rest. Next day wash the green grams thoroughly in fresh water and tie them in a clean cotton muslin cloth.
- Keep them enclosed in a container for a day so they can get sprout.
- Take a thick bottomed cooker and keep it on low flame.
- Pour oil in the cooker. Once the oil is heated put cumin seeds, onions, ginger and garlic paste. Saute them till they leave oil.
- Now add diced potato, tomato puree, sprouts , garam masala, red chilli powder and turmeric powder to the above mixture.
- Add salt as per required.
- Pour 1/2 a glass of water in the cooker and allow it for 3 whistles.
- Garnish the bhaji with the coriander.
Click more : Different Varieties of Bhaji for Poori
Ingredients for Poori Chutney.
- Onion : 3 Medium sized (chopped).
- Green Chilli : 4
- Mustard seeds: 1 tea spoon.
- Cumin seeds : 1 tea spoon.
- Corainder : finely chopped (1\2 bowl)
- Roasted Gram Podwer (split channa) : 1 bowl( sieved)
- Sugar : 1 table spoon.
- Lemon juice : 1/2 sized
- Salt as required.
- Take a pan add oil , heat it on medium flame.
- To the heated oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped onions, green chilli , turmeric powder and fry them till onions become soft. Add lemon juice in the last.
- To the above mixture add sugar, chopped coriander and salt. Pour some water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Take a separate bowl add the Roasted garam powder and make a slurry consistency by adding water. Make sure there is no lumps formed.
- Pour this slurry paste in the above fried mixture. Mix all together with out making any lumps and allow it to settle.
- Serve the chutney with the poori and rasa bhaji.