Cauliflower is a such a lovely vegetable which as many micro and macro nutrients. It is mainly good for weight loss as it is rich in fiber content and high in antioxidants. Usually many people don’t like any dishes of cauliflower as it as bland taste and smell.
Gobi parata is an Indian delicacy which is prepared by stuffed cauliflower in flat bread. Gobi parata is prepared for breakfast or lunch and usually served with pickle or curd.
Today I will share a healthy recipe which is yummy and tasty as well. Gobi parata is prepared by grating the cauliflower and mixing with right amount of spices, and than stuffing it in parata. In this method you tend to get the smell of the cauliflower which is not liked by many people.
I am sharing a new version where, we won’t even get the smell and tastes very yummy, spicy and tangy. I have shared step by step procedure of making the gobi parata.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Stuffing :
- Cauliflower : 1 full (chopped in floerts )
- Onion : 1 small finely chopped
- Coriander leaves : finely chopped
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chili powder : 1 tea spoon.
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Garam masala : 1 tea spoon.
- Besan( gram flour) : 2 table spoon.
- Salt : 1/2 tea spoon.
- Oil : 1 table spoon.
Ingredients for Dough.
- Wheat flour : 1 bowl.
- Oil : 1 tea spoon.
- Water : 1 glass.
Preparation for Dough.
- Take a bowl, add the wheat flour,salt and pour water slowly. Knead the dough till it becomes smooth.
- Grease some oil on the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
Step by Step preparation of Stuffing.
- Cut the cauliflower according to the floert and wash them thoroughly in running water.
- Pressure cook the cauliflower florets for one whistle or just boil them in water for ten minutes. This step is essential to clean the cauliflower from unwanted dirt.
- Drain all the water and keep the boiled cauliflower aside.
- Take a fresh pan add a tea spoon of oil. To this heated oil add cumin seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and finely chopped onions.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly till onion becomes soft. To this mixture add the boiled cauliflower, salt and lemon juice. Smash the cauliflower till it gets blended with the onion mixture.
- When the cauliflower mixture shrinks try adding besan (gram flour) batch by batch. Besan acts as a binding agent and makes the stuffing shape to fill in the dough.
- This is how the mixture looks after adding all the spices.
- After the stuffing cools down, make lemon sized balls and keep them aside as show in the below picture.
- Now take the wheat flour dough and make lemon sized balls in equal part.
- Stuff the cauliflower mixture in the wheat dough. With the help of the rolling pin try to make it flat and round in shape.
- Heat the flat tawa on the high flame and cook the parata on both the both sides by adding 1/2 tea spoon of oil.
- Serve the hot parata with curd or pickle.