Poori is one the most common, yummy and tasty Indian food. Especially served for breakfast and lunch. Poori is eaten with bhaji , potato curry, chole or even with the sweet dish’s.Today I will share one more side dish which can be eaten with poori, that’s called poori chutney which is prepared from roasted split gram powder ( Split Channa ).
It’s a Maharashtra cuisine which tastes spicy, tangy and sweet in flavor. It can be served for roti’s too, but it mainly taste better with poori’s. This chutney can be prepared instantly if the roasted gram powder is ready. Poori is usually judged as oily and unhealthy for eating, but today I will share a recipe which makes it healthy and less oily.
Ingredients For Poori:
- Wheat Flour : One cup.
- Salt : A pinch.
- Water as required.
- Take a bowl, add the wheat flour and salt. Pour water slowly by batch wise to make a stiff and hard dough. By doing this poori will become soft and fluffy.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes till it becomes smooth.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Take a deep thick bottom pan for frying. Pour oil in the pan as required for frying the poori.
- Heat the oil on the medium flame till the oil gets heated.
- Make equal small sized dough balls for making poori.
- With a help of a rolling pin try to make them in a circle shape. Try to keep poori bit thick so while you fry they become soft and fluffy.
Click More : How to make perfect Poori.
Ingredients for Rasa Bhaji
- Sprouts : 1 bowl
- Potato : 1 (Cube Shaped)
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tea spoon.
- Tomato : 2 medium sized (puree)
- Onion : 1 sliced.
- Garam Masala : 1 table spoon.
- Red chilli powder : 1/2 table spoon.
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds : 1 tea spoon.
- Chopped Corainder.
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil: 1 table spoon.
- First soak the green grams overnight and allow them to rest. Next day wash the green grams thoroughly in fresh water and tie them in a clean cotton muslin cloth.
- Keep them enclosed in a container for a day so they can get sprout.
- Take a thick bottomed cooker and keep it on low flame.
- Pour oil in the cooker. Once the oil is heated put cumin seeds, onions, ginger and garlic paste. Saute them till they leave oil.
- Now add diced potato, tomato puree, sprouts , garam masala, red chilli powder and turmeric powder to the above mixture.
- Add salt as per required.
- Pour 1/2 a glass of water in the cooker and allow it for 3 whistles.
- Garnish the bhaji with the coriander.
Click more : Different Varieties of Bhaji for Poori
Ingredients for Poori Chutney.
- Onion : 3 Medium sized (chopped).
- Green Chilli : 4
- Mustard seeds: 1 tea spoon.
- Cumin seeds : 1 tea spoon.
- Corainder : finely chopped (1\2 bowl)
- Roasted Gram Podwer (split channa) : 1 bowl( sieved)
- Sugar : 1 table spoon.
- Lemon juice : 1/2 sized
- Salt as required.
- Take a pan add oil , heat it on medium flame.
- To the heated oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped onions, green chilli , turmeric powder and fry them till onions become soft. Add lemon juice in the last.
- To the above mixture add sugar, chopped coriander and salt. Pour some water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Take a separate bowl add the Roasted garam powder and make a slurry consistency by adding water. Make sure there is no lumps formed.
- Pour this slurry paste in the above fried mixture. Mix all together with out making any lumps and allow it to settle.
- Serve the chutney with the poori and rasa bhaji.